Since launching Shegerian & Associates over a decade ago, Carney Shegerian has developed a reputation as “The People’s Attorney” ‐ fighting passionately for the rights of his employee clients, and compassionately explaining the process as each client navigates through his or her case.
As an experienced trial attorney, Mr. Shegerian has tried numerous jury trials to verdict in both state and federal court, always representing individuals that have suffered financial or emotional losses and have been wronged by employers, including major corporations.
Winner of the 2013 Trial Lawyer of the Year Award as a result of trying a number of significant cases, Mr. Shegerian was also nominated, and a finalist, for the award in 2006, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Mr. Shegerian’s record of success for his clients – whether via substantial settlements or in a trial jury scenario, is unparalleled. He has made it his life’s mission to help those who have been wronged in the workplace. Mr. Shegerian has won over 73 jury trials, including 31 seven figure verdicts as a plaintiff’s attorney.
Mr. Shegerian is licensed to practice in all California courts, local federal courts and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Shegerian has also been nominated for California’s top labor and employment lawyer for 2009. He is included in the Daily Journal’s Top Labor and Employment Lawyer’s list of the top 75 attorney’s.
“…the largest employment related award of its kind in Los Angeles legal history.”
“…a LA jury found her former employer discriminated against her because of a mental disability.”
Whistleblower Jury Verdict
“…a machine operator was terminated after expressing concerns about the safety of the machines.”
“…a Price Is Right model was fired shortly after attempting to return from her pregnancy leave.”
“…Michele Daniel was terminated following an on-the-job injury to her knee requiring surgery…”
Wrongful Termination Jury Verdict
“…a former pharmacy technician was wrongfully terminated, harassed and had her privacy rights invaded.”
Wrongful Termination Settlement
“…Kandi Dudley was discriminated against because of her disability/cancer and wrongfully terminated.”
Wrongful Termination Case
“…Juarez was terminated when he refused to become more aggressive in pushing products to the public.”
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Santa Monica Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Super Lawyers 2010
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Attorney Carney Shegerian Comments on Disability Discrimination Suit Against Lowe’s (6/23/2016) - LOS ANGELES, June 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Attorney Carney Shegerian, founder of the Los Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates, recently released comments on the EEOC’s disability discrimination claims aimed at home improvement giant, Lowe’s. The suit alleges Lowe’s refused to hire disabled applicants and refused reasonable accommodation for disabled workers. The company has agreed...
- Cortney Shegerian of Shegerian & Associates Wins Sexual Orientation Discrimination and Harassment Verdict for Former American Management Services, LLC Employee (6/15/2016) - Cortney Shegerian of Shegerian & Associates, Inc., a Santa Monica-based litigation law firm specializing in employee rights, obtained a $352,083 wrongful termination and discrimination jury verdict this week. The Los Angeles Superior Court jury reached its decision regarding Brandon Grey’s lawsuit against American Management Services, which had employed Grey as an Investment Manager from 2006...
- California Court of Appeals Affirms Shegerian & Associates’ $16.3 Million Jury Verdict for Former Staples Employee in Age Discrimination Case (6/2/2016) - Carney Shegerian of Shegerian & Associates, Inc., a Santa Monica-based litigation law firm specializing in employee rights, received affirmation last week from the Court of Appeal of the State of California that the $16.3 million wrongful termination and age discrimination jury verdict in favor of his client, Bob Nickel, against defendants Staples Contract and Commercial,...
- Attorney Cortney S. Shegerian Comments on Shocking JSBarkats Law Firm Sex Harassment Lawsuit (5/19/2016) - LOS ANGELES, May 16, 2016 — Attorney Cortney S. Shegerian, of the Los Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates, has released comments on a sexual harassment lawsuit aimed at NYC attorney Sunny Barkats. Brooklynite Denise Villalta alleges she was forced to strip and have sex during her 2014 interview for a job as a...