Carney Shegerian, Trial Lawyer of the Year 2013
Since launching Shegerian & Associates over a decade ago, Carney Shegerian has developed a reputation as “The People’s Attorney” ‐ fighting passionately for the rights of his employee clients, and compassionately explaining the process as each client navigates through his or her case.
As an experienced trial attorney, Mr. Shegerian has tried numerous jury trials to verdict in both state and federal court, always representing individuals that have suffered financial or emotional losses and have been wronged by employers, including major corporations.
Winner of the 2013 Trial Lawyer of the Year Award as a result of trying a number of significant cases, Mr. Shegerian was also nominated, and a finalist, for the award in 2006, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Mr. Shegerian’s record of success for his clients – whether via substantial settlements or in a trial jury scenario, is unparalleled. He has made it his life’s mission to help those who have been wronged in the workplace. Mr. Shegerian has won over 70 jury trials, including 28 seven figure verdicts as a plaintiff’s attorney.
Mr. Shegerian is licensed to practice in all California courts, local federal courts and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Shegerian has also been nominated for California’s top labor and employment lawyer for 2009. He is included in the Daily Journal’s Top Labor and Employment Lawyer’s list of the top 75 attorney’s.
“…the largest employment related award of its kind in Los Angeles legal history.”
“…a LA jury found her former employer discriminated against her because of a mental disability.”
Whistleblower Jury Verdict
“…a machine operator was terminated after expressing concerns about the safety of the machines.”
“…a Price Is Right model was fired shortly after attempting to return from her pregnancy leave.”
“…Michele Daniel was terminated following an on-the-job injury to her knee requiring surgery…”
Wrongful Termination Jury Verdict
“…a former pharmacy technician was wrongfully terminated, harassed and had her privacy rights invaded.”
Wrongful Termination Settlement
“…Kandi Dudley was discriminated against because of her disability/cancer and wrongfully terminated.”
Wrongful Termination Case
“…Juarez was terminated when he refused to become more aggressive in pushing products to the public.”
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Santa Monica Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Super Lawyers 2010
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Shegerian & Associates Announces New Personal Injury Practice Areas (9/1/2015) - LOS ANGELES, Sept. 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — The law offices of Shegerian & Associates are pleased to announce new personal injury legal services. After years of success with employment related cases and repeated requests from clients, Shegerian & Associates will now offer a broad range of personal injury litigation services. These services include cases involving...
- Los Angeles Attorney Carney Shegerian Comments on EEOC Disability Discrimination Suit Against Amtrak (8/24/2015) - LOS ANGELES, Aug. 24, 2015 — Attorney Carney Shegerian, founder of the Los Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates, released comments on a recent EEOC lawsuit filed against railway company Amtrak alleging violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The EEOC alleges the violations occurred when the company rescinded an offer of employment after discovering...
- Attorney Carney Shegerian Comments on Colorado Pregnancy Discrimination (8/12/2015) - LOS ANGELES, Aug. 12, 2015 — Attorney Carney Shegerian, founder of the Los Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates, released comments on a recent ruling against a Colorado county for violation of federal pregnancy discrimination laws. “Once again we’re seeing an employer attempting to use a worker’s pregnancy to exclude and discriminate in a way...
- Sarah Baughn, Carney Shegerian Discuss Bikram Yoga Lawsuit (7/28/2015) - Sarah Baughn, Carney Shegerian on The Docket with Seema Iyer discussing the Bikram Yoga Lawsuit.