Since launching Shegerian & Associates over a decade ago, Carney Shegerian has developed a reputation as “The People’s Attorney” ‐ fighting passionately for the rights of his employee clients, and compassionately explaining the process as each client navigates through his or her case.
As an experienced trial attorney, Mr. Shegerian has tried numerous jury trials to verdict in both state and federal court, always representing individuals that have suffered financial or emotional losses and have been wronged by employers, including major corporations.
Winner of the 2013 Trial Lawyer of the Year Award as a result of trying a number of significant cases, Mr. Shegerian was also nominated, and a finalist, for the award in 2006, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Mr. Shegerian’s record of success for his clients – whether via substantial settlements or in a trial jury scenario, is unparalleled. He has made it his life’s mission to help those who have been wronged in the workplace. Mr. Shegerian has won over 73 jury trials, including 31 seven figure verdicts as a plaintiff’s attorney.
Mr. Shegerian is licensed to practice in all California courts, local federal courts and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Shegerian has also been nominated for California’s top labor and employment lawyer for 2009. He is included in the Daily Journal’s Top Labor and Employment Lawyer’s list of the top 75 attorney’s.
“…the largest employment related award of its kind in Los Angeles legal history.”
“…a LA jury found her former employer discriminated against her because of a mental disability.”
Whistleblower Jury Verdict
“…a machine operator was terminated after expressing concerns about the safety of the machines.”
“…a Price Is Right model was fired shortly after attempting to return from her pregnancy leave.”
“…Michele Daniel was terminated following an on-the-job injury to her knee requiring surgery…”
Wrongful Termination Jury Verdict
“…a former pharmacy technician was wrongfully terminated, harassed and had her privacy rights invaded.”
Wrongful Termination Settlement
“…Kandi Dudley was discriminated against because of her disability/cancer and wrongfully terminated.”
Wrongful Termination Case
“…Juarez was terminated when he refused to become more aggressive in pushing products to the public.”
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Santa Monica Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Super Lawyers 2010
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Apple Facing Discrimination Claims By In- House Lawyer (8/25/2016) - David Ruiz, The Recorder SAN FRANCISCO—A former in-house attorney at Apple Inc. has sued the company for alleged age and gender discrimination, alleging men were offered more-flexible work schedules and that her supervisors gave conflicting directions that put her in a “no-win” situation. Defending Apple is Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe partner Lynne Hermle, a prominent...
- Attorney Carney Shegerian Issues Statement on $19.5 Million Qualcomm Gender Discrimination Suit Settlement (8/25/2016) - LOS ANGELES, Aug. 25, 2016 — Carney Shegerian, founder ofLos Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates, recently commented on the $19.5 million settlement awarded to approximately 3,300 current and former workers of Qualcomm. The women accused Qualcomm of only hiring and promoting men for upper level management positions, but the company has denied these allegations....
- Shegerian & Associates to Help Former Teacher Seek Justice After Alleged Wrongful Termination by Archdiocese of Los Angeles, Transfiguration School (8/24/2016) - Carney Shegerian of Shegerian & Associates, Inc., a Santa Monica-based litigation law firm specializing in employee rights, is representing a woman, Kourtney Liggins, who claims she was wrongfully terminated by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ Transfiguration School. In her complaint, Liggins, who worked as an eighth-grade teacher from 2008 – 2013 at the school, claimed...
- Shegerian & Associates’ Carney Shegerian Named to 2017 Best Lawyers in America List (8/18/2016) - Attorney Carney Shegerian of Shegerian & Associates, Inc., a Santa Monica-based litigation law firm specializing in employee rights, has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, one the most highly regarded lawyer-rating publications in the United States. Shegerian was selected for his work in the...