Since launching Shegerian & Associates over a decade ago, Carney Shegerian has developed a reputation as “The People’s Attorney” ‐ fighting passionately for the rights of his employee clients, and compassionately explaining the process as each client navigates through his or her case.
As an experienced trial attorney, Mr. Shegerian has tried numerous jury trials to verdict in both state and federal court, always representing individuals that have suffered financial or emotional losses and have been wronged by employers, including major corporations.
Winner of the 2013 Trial Lawyer of the Year Award as a result of trying a number of significant cases, Mr. Shegerian was also nominated, and a finalist, for the award in 2006, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Mr. Shegerian’s record of success for his clients – whether via substantial settlements or in a trial jury scenario, is unparalleled. He has made it his life’s mission to help those who have been wronged in the workplace. Mr. Shegerian has won over 73 jury trials, including 31 seven figure verdicts as a plaintiff’s attorney.
Mr. Shegerian is licensed to practice in all California courts, local federal courts and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Shegerian has also been nominated for California’s top labor and employment lawyer for 2009. He is included in the Daily Journal’s Top Labor and Employment Lawyer’s list of the top 75 attorney’s.
“…the largest employment related award of its kind in Los Angeles legal history.”
“…a LA jury found her former employer discriminated against her because of a mental disability.”
Whistleblower Jury Verdict
“…a machine operator was terminated after expressing concerns about the safety of the machines.”
“…a Price Is Right model was fired shortly after attempting to return from her pregnancy leave.”
“…Michele Daniel was terminated following an on-the-job injury to her knee requiring surgery…”
Wrongful Termination Jury Verdict
“…a former pharmacy technician was wrongfully terminated, harassed and had her privacy rights invaded.”
Wrongful Termination Settlement
“…Kandi Dudley was discriminated against because of her disability/cancer and wrongfully terminated.”
Wrongful Termination Case
“…Juarez was terminated when he refused to become more aggressive in pushing products to the public.”
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Santa Monica Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Super Lawyers 2010
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Attorney Cortney Shegerian Issues Statement on New Sexual Harassment Allegations Against Fox News (7/27/2016) - LOS ANGELES, July 27, 2016 — Cortney Shegerian of the Los Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates has released a statement regarding The New York Times report on Rudi Bakhtiar, a former news correspondent for Fox News who alleges she was a victim of sexual harassment during her time at the network. Bakhtiar claims...
- Attorney Carney Shegerian Comments on Disability Discrimination Suit Against Lowe’s (7/22/2016) - LOS ANGELES, June 22, 2016 — Attorney Carney Shegerian, founder of the Los Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates, recently released comments on the EEOC’s disability discrimination claims aimed at home improvement giant, Lowe’s. The suit alleges Lowe’s refused to hire disabled applicants and refused reasonable accommodation for disabled workers. The company has agreed to...
- Attorney Cortney Shegerian Issues Statement on Gretchen Carlson Sex Harassment Suit (7/18/2016) - LOS ANGELES, July 18, 2016 — Attorney Cortney Shegerian of the Los Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates recently released a statement concerning a sexual harassment suit aimed at Fox News Chairman, Roger Ailes, filed in New Jersey civil court. Former Fox News co-host of the show Fox and Friends, Gretchen Carlson, alleges Ailes’ sexual advances damaged her...
- Attorney Cortney Shegerian Issues Statement on $1.9M La Habra Sexual Harassment Suit Settlement (7/9/2016) - LOS ANGELES, July 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Attorney Cortney Shegerian, of the Los Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates, has released comments concerning the recent $1.9 million sexual harassment settlement awarded to a former employee of the City of La Habra. “The former employee alleged a number of serious sexual harassment claims against her...