Since launching Shegerian & Associates over a decade ago, Carney Shegerian has developed a reputation as “The People’s Attorney” ‐ fighting passionately for the rights of his employee clients, and compassionately explaining the process as each client navigates through his or her case.
As an experienced trial attorney, Mr. Shegerian has tried numerous jury trials to verdict in both state and federal court, always representing individuals that have suffered financial or emotional losses and have been wronged by employers, including major corporations.
Winner of the 2013 Trial Lawyer of the Year Award as a result of trying a number of significant cases, Mr. Shegerian was also nominated, and a finalist, for the award in 2006, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Mr. Shegerian’s record of success for his clients – whether via substantial settlements or in a trial jury scenario, is unparalleled. He has made it his life’s mission to help those who have been wronged in the workplace. Mr. Shegerian has won over 73 jury trials, including 31 seven figure verdicts as a plaintiff’s attorney.
Mr. Shegerian is licensed to practice in all California courts, local federal courts and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Shegerian has also been nominated for California’s top labor and employment lawyer for 2009. He is included in the Daily Journal’s Top Labor and Employment Lawyer’s list of the top 75 attorney’s.
“…the largest employment related award of its kind in Los Angeles legal history.”
“…a LA jury found her former employer discriminated against her because of a mental disability.”
Whistleblower Jury Verdict
“…a machine operator was terminated after expressing concerns about the safety of the machines.”
“…a Price Is Right model was fired shortly after attempting to return from her pregnancy leave.”
“…Michele Daniel was terminated following an on-the-job injury to her knee requiring surgery…”
Wrongful Termination Jury Verdict
“…a former pharmacy technician was wrongfully terminated, harassed and had her privacy rights invaded.”
Wrongful Termination Settlement
“…Kandi Dudley was discriminated against because of her disability/cancer and wrongfully terminated.”
Wrongful Termination Case
“…Juarez was terminated when he refused to become more aggressive in pushing products to the public.”
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Santa Monica Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Super Lawyers 2010
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Carney Shegerian Quoted In Vice.com Article Regarding Bikram Case (2/5/2016) - Mary Shea and Carney Shegerian were recently quoted in a Vice.com article discussing allegations against Bikram Yoga guru Bikram Choudhury. “Men in positions of power making unwanted and illegal sexual advances toward women who are their employees or students is a problem of epidemic proportions that simply must stop,” The full article can be viewed...
- Attorney Carney Shegerian Comments on Recent $4M Sara Lee EEOC Race Discrimination Settlement (1/6/2016) - LOS ANGELES, Jan. 6, 2016 — Attorney Carney Shegerian, founder of the Los Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates, recently released comments on a $4 million settlement in a race discrimination suit against the parent company of the baked goods brand, Sara Lee. The suit came after a number of black workers filed a...
- Employment MVP: Shegerian & Associates’ Carney Shegerian (12/11/2015) - Carney Shegerian was recently named an “Employment MVP” by Law360 in an article highlighting his success over the past 25 years. The article names Shegerian to a spot on the “Law360 list of Employment MVPs for 2015”. “I feel big for my clients and relate to their pain in a visceral kind of way,” he...
- Attorney Carney Shegerian Comments on Recent Disability Discrimination Suit Against Starbucks (11/11/2015) - LOS ANGELES, Nov. 10, 2015 — Attorney Carney Shegerian, founder of the Los Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates, released comments on coffee giant Starbucks’ alleged disability discrimination based on a lawsuit filed by a deaf Arizona woman and former barista for the company. The suit alleges Starbucks repeatedly refused the worker’s request for...