Since launching Shegerian & Associates over a decade ago, Carney Shegerian has developed a reputation as “The People’s Attorney” ‐ fighting passionately for the rights of his employee clients, and compassionately explaining the process as each client navigates through his or her case.
As an experienced trial attorney, Mr. Shegerian has tried numerous jury trials to verdict in both state and federal court, always representing individuals that have suffered financial or emotional losses and have been wronged by employers, including major corporations.
Winner of the 2013 Trial Lawyer of the Year Award as a result of trying a number of significant cases, Mr. Shegerian was also nominated, and a finalist, for the award in 2006, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Mr. Shegerian’s record of success for his clients – whether via substantial settlements or in a trial jury scenario, is unparalleled. He has made it his life’s mission to help those who have been wronged in the workplace. Mr. Shegerian has won over 73 jury trials, including 31 seven figure verdicts as a plaintiff’s attorney.
Mr. Shegerian is licensed to practice in all California courts, local federal courts and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Shegerian has also been nominated for California’s top labor and employment lawyer for 2009. He is included in the Daily Journal’s Top Labor and Employment Lawyer’s list of the top 75 attorney’s.
“…the largest employment related award of its kind in Los Angeles legal history.”
“…a LA jury found her former employer discriminated against her because of a mental disability.”
Whistleblower Jury Verdict
“…a machine operator was terminated after expressing concerns about the safety of the machines.”
“…a Price Is Right model was fired shortly after attempting to return from her pregnancy leave.”
“…Michele Daniel was terminated following an on-the-job injury to her knee requiring surgery…”
Wrongful Termination Jury Verdict
“…a former pharmacy technician was wrongfully terminated, harassed and had her privacy rights invaded.”
Wrongful Termination Settlement
“…Kandi Dudley was discriminated against because of her disability/cancer and wrongfully terminated.”
Wrongful Termination Case
“…Juarez was terminated when he refused to become more aggressive in pushing products to the public.”
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Santa Monica Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Super Lawyers 2010
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Attorney Cortney Shegerian Comments On Whistleblower Retaliation Allegations Against Wells Fargo (9/26/2016) - LOS ANGELES, Sept. 26, 2016 — Cortney Shegerian of the Los Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates has issued a statement regarding the report that a number of Wells Fargo employees were terminated after blowing the whistle on illegal sales practices within the organization. The employees allege Wells Fargo found minor reasons to terminate...
- Former KTTV Reporter Sues for Age Discrimination (9/20/2016) - Former KTTV reporter Chris Blatchford is suing the Fox-owned Los Angeles station for age discrimination. “Defendants’ mistreatment of Blatchford, including harassment, discrimination and retaliation against Blatchford on the basis of his age and good faith complaints regarding such treatment, adversely affected Blatchford’s health and contributed to his developing a serious medical condition,” says the lawsuit...
- California Court of Appeal Reverses Damages Verdict, Rules in Favor of Shegerian & Associates’ Client in Rite Aid Wrongful Termination and Discrimination Case (9/11/2016) - California Court of Appeal ruled in favor of Carney Shegerian’s client who had sued Rite Aid for wrongful termination — case will be retried. Carney Shegerian of Shegerian & Associates, Inc., a Santa Monica-based litigation law firm specializing in employee rights, last week successfully convinced the Court of Appeal of the State of California to...
- Carney Shegerian Addresses Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles at Annual Las Vegas Convention (9/8/2016) - Attorney Carney Shegerian of Shegerian & Associates, Inc., a Santa Monica-based litigation law firm specializing in employee rights, spoke on the subject of employment litigation at the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles’ (CAALA’s) annual Las Vegas Convention last week. An experienced trial attorney, Shegerian has tried many jury trials to verdict in both state...