Since launching Shegerian & Associates over a decade ago, Carney Shegerian has developed a reputation as “The People’s Attorney” ‐ fighting passionately for the rights of his employee clients, and compassionately explaining the process as each client navigates through his or her case.
As an experienced trial attorney, Mr. Shegerian has tried numerous jury trials to verdict in both state and federal court, always representing individuals that have suffered financial or emotional losses and have been wronged by employers, including major corporations.
Winner of the 2013 Trial Lawyer of the Year Award as a result of trying a number of significant cases, Mr. Shegerian was also nominated, and a finalist, for the award in 2006, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Mr. Shegerian’s record of success for his clients – whether via substantial settlements or in a trial jury scenario, is unparalleled. He has made it his life’s mission to help those who have been wronged in the workplace. Mr. Shegerian has won over 73 jury trials, including 31 seven figure verdicts as a plaintiff’s attorney.
Mr. Shegerian is licensed to practice in all California courts, local federal courts and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Shegerian has also been nominated for California’s top labor and employment lawyer for 2009. He is included in the Daily Journal’s Top Labor and Employment Lawyer’s list of the top 75 attorney’s.
“…the largest employment related award of its kind in Los Angeles legal history.”
“…a LA jury found her former employer discriminated against her because of a mental disability.”
Whistleblower Jury Verdict
“…a machine operator was terminated after expressing concerns about the safety of the machines.”
“…a Price Is Right model was fired shortly after attempting to return from her pregnancy leave.”
“…Michele Daniel was terminated following an on-the-job injury to her knee requiring surgery…”
Wrongful Termination Jury Verdict
“…a former pharmacy technician was wrongfully terminated, harassed and had her privacy rights invaded.”
Wrongful Termination Settlement
“…Kandi Dudley was discriminated against because of her disability/cancer and wrongfully terminated.”
Wrongful Termination Case
“…Juarez was terminated when he refused to become more aggressive in pushing products to the public.”
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Santa Monica Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Super Lawyers 2010
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Attorney Cortney S. Shegerian Comments on Shocking JSBarkats Law Firm Sex Harassment Lawsuit (5/19/2016) - LOS ANGELES, May 16, 2016 — Attorney Cortney S. Shegerian, of the Los Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates, has released comments on a sexual harassment lawsuit aimed at NYC attorney Sunny Barkats. Brooklynite Denise Villalta alleges she was forced to strip and have sex during her 2014 interview for a job as a...
- Comments Released on San Diego Mayor Sexual Harassment Suit by Los Angeles Employment Attorney Cortney Shegerian (5/3/2016) - LOS ANGELES, May 3, 2016 — Attorney Cortney Shegerian, of the Los Angeles-based employment discrimination firm Shegerian & Associates, has released comments on the recent settlement of a sexual harassment suit launched by the executive assistant of San Diego mayor Bob Filner. The San Diego City Council has signed off on $667,000 in settlement awards to...
- Bikram Choudhury, Founder of Hot Yoha, Faces 6 LAwsuits Over Alleged Sexual Assaults (4/29/2016) - The heat is on a famed guru whose international Bikram Yoga empire is headquartered in West Los Angeles. Known for his flamboyant personality and lavish lifestyle, 70-year-old Bikram Choudhury is the founder of hot yoga, which is practiced in 105 degre...
- Shegerian & Associates to Help Man Pursue Discrimination, Harassment and Wrongful Termination Charges Against Jimmy Choo (4/29/2016) - Shegerian & Associates, Inc., a Santa Monica-based litigation law firm specializing in employee rights, has announced that it is representing John Ornelas, a 40-year-old gay Latino man who claims to have endured a litany of harassing, discriminatory behavior at the hands of his supervisor at the Jimmy Choo store in Beverly Hills where he worked....